At Ecselis we take a structured, step by step approach to Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO):
- Testing: Controlled A/B testing following the scientific method. Every test is run until statistical significance is reached.
- Design: Based on the hypotheses we develop wireframes as a tool for communication and planning. Once completed, wireframes will be passed on to the designer who will turn them into design screens (alternative layouts / content for pages online).
- Insight Phase: Analyze all the different sources of data, identify patterns and draw conclusions
- Determine Business Objectives: Deciding which metrics we want to increase
- Data Gathering: Set up relevant data collection and tracking and wait for the data to come in
- Hypothesis: Develop proper hypotheses for test and rank the hypotheses based on their potential and ease of implementation. This determines which ones will be tested first.
- Technical Integration: New design screens are integrated onto the website.
- Learning and Improving Customer Theory: Analyze test results, gain new insights and develop new hypotheses. With each test, the customer’s theory improves.
Once the final step has been completed, we go back to step 2 and continue to optimize cyclically.